Oklahoma Tornado - May 20, 2013


We have all been watching and praying for the victims and survivors of this week's horrible storm that hit the Oklahoma City area and in particular the suburb of Moore, Oklahoma. The tiny screen shots we see on television I'm sure cannot even capture the scale and vast area of destruction that is there. As an architect I look at the instantaneous destruction and it is hard to imagine the force this storm carried.

I currently have three clients from the Oklahoma City area and fortunately they are all ok. We designed a large home in northeast Oklahoma City and I know that home has a full blown reinforced concrete bunker safe room right in the middle of the home. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in and then survive one of these storms, especially with small children.

I know all of us in the Phoenix~Scottsdale community want to help and so we have researched a couple sites we can all contribute to.

The Salvation Army
1-800-SAL-ARMY
Text - STORM to 80888 and make an automatic $10 donation.

The Red Cross
Text REDCROSS to 90999



I encourage everyone to just give a few dollars to these groups who are doing their best to provide aid, food, shelter and comfort to our friends in Oklahoma.

Comments

Popular Posts