NYC - Designers Part 1

I am always surprised how a trip to New York reinvigorates me and inspires me. I have been to a lot of great cities across this country and the world and New York definitely ranks as one of the top spots to have on your list of destinations.


I've been here many times and always sort of under my direction, but this time I came with Isabel who directed the itinerary and what fun this has been. First, to be in a city like this with someone you love makes it very special and definitely romantic. Great architecture, food, sights and smells, it is a sensory experience that virtually overwhelms you. I love the energy of this city - it never stops! And of course, virtually every culture is represented as the background sound of chatter is filled with languages I have never heard of.



This trip I made it a point to meet up with several designers and publishers. Yesterday, I met with Mary Foley and Michael Cox of the amazing interior design firm of Foley & Cox http://www.foleyandcox.com. What a beautiful studio and such warm and friendly people! Their work is outstanding and features everything from beautiful homes, condos, and penthouses in NYC to beach homes in the Hamptons and Bahamas, mountain lodges at the Yellowstone Club in Montana, to appointing the interiors of private jets! Their work has been featured in Architectural Digest, Town & Country, New York Home and AD Germany.



Later that evening, Isabel and I had dinner with interior designer, Gerald Tolomeo http://geraldtolomeo.comGerald is a noted NYC designer and has been honored as one of New York Spaces Magazine's 50 Top Designers three years in a row. We joined him for dinner at the Cookshop on 10th Avenue and 20th St. Fabulous venue and fantastic food by the way! His work is outstanding and he is a very active in the social media spectrum so check out his work!

Ok - busy day today. We have some more amazing NYC designers and publishers to meet and of course more sights, smells, sounds and tastes to take in! 

Comments

Popular Posts