New Orleans - City of Resiliency



We have been in New Orleans three days now and I have to say I am definitely coming back and adding this town to my "Have to" list! 







I know New Orleans is known as a party town and sure that aspect is definitely here but there is a lot more depth to this place than just the Mardi Gras vibe! New Orleans is a foodie Mecca! Quite frankly the restaurants are endless so it's going to take a few trips to get this place dialed in. Thanks for all the great tips we have been receiving on Facebook!

What strikes me about New Orleans is the resiliency of the people and this place. I remember watching the whole Hurricane Katrina debacle and thinking I wish I had been to NOLA before this disaster hit and that this town was done....! Well then add the BP oil spill a few years ago and you would think that that would be the nail in the coffin. Well let me tell you, this place is far from dead. New Orleans is alive and well and the people here are flat out amazing, friendly and frankly all have that can do attitude about them. 











The other thing I notice is despite the problems in Ferguson and Baltimore I don't feel that racial divide here in New Orleans. Quite the contrary! At least from my perspective while here everyone is cool, getting along and just enjoying and contributing to the energy and culture. 




Bourbon Street is definitely a sight to see and you will see just about everything and that's even during the tame hours! I can only imagine during Mardi Gras or SuperBowl week! 

There is a lot to see here beyond the French Quarter and Bourbon Street. Yesterday we went to the Garden District to do a little shopping, dining and neighborhood touring! Beautiful! Of course you have to check out a cemetery here....not sure I would do that at night though! All fabulous - all New Orleans. 
















So what do you think of New Orleans? Who has been here both before and after Katrina??? Tell us what you notice....

Ok off to Lafayette, LA to visit one of our wonderful Facebook friend, Dawn Dupuis Clark who has graciously invited Isabel and I over for a little taste of Cajun Country! Stay tuned!!! 

Comments

Popular Posts