Merry Christmas From Us All At Candelaria Design


So this is Xmas
And what have you done
Another year over
And a new one just begun
And so this is Xmas
I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one
The old and the young

A very Merry Xmas
And a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one
Without any fear

John Lennon and Yoko Ono


Merry Christmas to you all! Another year older…. 2017 right around the corner. All of my shopping is done and now its time to relax and enjoy a wonderful weekend with family and friends. Yes, Isabel and I will be cooking – prime rib this Christmas Eve! No big plans though just relaxing by the fire and chillin’.

I am so blessed in so many ways. A wonderful wife, family, friends, clients and of course my Candelaria Design Team! My crew works so hard and this year I am pretty sure we hit an all-time record for the amount of hours we worked. But we have a lot to show for it – beautiful projects on the boards, under construction and now completed. We have many clients spending their first Christmas in their Candelaria Design home. I can only imagine what that would be like….




I live a pretty modest life in some ways and obviously a pretty big life in other ways. Isabel and I rent our 2700 sf patio home….no we do not live in a mega mansion. I drive my 4 year old Prius…. not  a Tesla …..although I would like one. Some guys spend their spare time on the golf course - I love to travel. I love to cook and entertain and get involved in causes that give back to those that are less fortunate…..Gigi’s Playhouse, the Colten Bat Cave, Habitat for Humanity, St. Vincent DePaul, St. Mary’s Food Bank are just a few of the many we play very active and direct roles in.
I love my work. Creating homes and the place people live is so challenging yet very rewarding. The clients and people I have met and have had the honor to work for is beyond my wildest dreams. It is my life, my passion, my soul. I am so excited about the projects we are currently involved with and really our best work is still to come. Truly, my reward comes from the thank you’s and wonderful appreciation we receive from our clients – especially those now living in their Candelaria Design homes. I hope the environments we have created have changed the way our client’s go through life and experience every day.   




I love my team. They all care and give so much effort. I cannot tell you how many times I go in at 4 or 5 am and someone is already there working away. They are motivated by the same thing – just knowing a client loves their work is music to their ears. Architects are not a lot different than a stage actor on Broadway. We live for the applause. It’s our biggest motivator. Unfortunately, there is not an audience to give you an ovation at the completion of every drawing, rendering, or field report so it only shows how much these people truly love and care. The talents of my team are amazing and I love taping into it and watch it blossom and flourish.





I love my clients. Wow you are all amazing and inspiring. I have learned so much just being around you and soaking up your knowledge, style, drive, and passion for life. It all fuels me and pushes me to take our designs and projects further. I wish I could spend time with them more – away from architecture….just to learn. I love seeing my clients in their homes and watching the creation that has lived in my head sometimes for years finally come to life.




I love my wife and family. None of this matters without the love of my wife and family. My sweet Isabel has made the biggest impact on my life than anything that has ever happened to me. Her love has allowed my creativity and energy to blossom and hopefully I have had the same impact and effect on her life. I love my time, although it’s never very much, with Isabel and my girls. Our travels are the best. Monday we leave for Spain for a 12 day trip to preview and fine tune our Candelaria Design Tour Italy for June 2017. We look forward to fun adventures, great food, wine, and some well- earned rest.



Merry Christmas to you all. Enjoy and make every moment count and take nothing for granted. 

Comments

Popular Posts